A skilled bank teller ensure a high level of service and transaction efficiency, processing routine operations in a bank, such as cashing checks, depositing or withdrawing money, issuing savings bonds, and collecting loan payments.
Ultimately, Bank tellers have solid analytical skills, working knowledge of computers and electronic banking systems, and strong data entry skills.
Their Major Duties include:
• Opening new accounts and helping with loan applications.
• Filling out paperwork/deposit and withdrawal slips.
• Recording transactions, which involves logging checks and preparing transaction reports.
• Promoting the bank's products and services.
• Overseeing ATM deposits and withdrawals.
• Counting and packaging currency.
• Reconciling cash drawers.
• Answering the phones.
• Exchanging foreign currency.