UISAT has an immediate opening for a Full Stack Developer (.Net) on a long-term contract/contract-to-hire position with the State of California. The position is based in Sacramento (must live 2 hours or less of Sacramento). The work is remote with occasional in-person meetings. US Citizens and Green Card holders only.
Full Stack Developer will work as a senior member of a software development team, responsible for the development, implementation and post deployment support of enterprise applications. In this role, the Full Stack Developer will work independently or with minimal input from the Development Manager. As a member of the team, the Full Stack Developer will participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for mentoring junior members of the team, provide them guidance, and support in completing their assignments.
Responsibilities / Tasks:
• Assist in architecting advanced to complex system solutions, solicit and incorporate inputs from technical and operational teams and document for consumption of development and testing teams.
• Develop complex software programs, with clear and succinct code documentation, that meet the written and oral functional requirements provided by customer.
• Fix defects in the home-grown applications or third party software according to written and oral specifications.
• Perform database design and create scripts to create and modify database objects.
• Work on deliverables, such data analysis, client report requests etc. with minimal to no guidance from Development Manager or senior developers. Assist junior members of the staff by providing direction on customer requests and performing code review to ensure quality outcomes.
• Actively participate and contribute in SDLC activities such as solution design, work effort estimation, assisting peers with technical challenges and code reviews.
• Lead a small team of developers - creates and assign work packages. Manage the work to its completion meeting the quality standards.
• Works very closely with operations team and acquire expert understanding of the business processes and develop unit and integration test scenarios in accordance with system requirements and business process changes. Provide expert advice to the testing team to create test data manually and/or systematically to test software programs.
• Perform production support activities such as monitor system processes, evaluate the outcome of system processes, work through system exceptions, and create processes to monitor and report on the overall system health.
• Work independently to understand the assigned work, deliver on agreed upon dates and raise issues/risks in a timely manner in case of risk to deliverables.
• Create/modify artifacts and deliverables expected from the SDLC and change management process such as project charter, proposed solution documents etc.
• Follow the SDLC and change management processes adopted by the organization. Participate in change management meetings to provide impact assessment of requested change, update the defect tracking system with most up to date information and perform release management tasks as assigned by Development manager.
• Day to day tasks - primarily 80% development and 20% on business processes, part of the development process (CICD) continuous integration, code control.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Expert proficiency in Object Oriented (OO) Programming: Strong knowledge in OO programming languages, and expert skill in at least one (preferably .NET) is required.
• Expert understanding of complex concepts of data organization. Expert familiarity with RDBMS.
• Strong understanding of SDLC such as Waterfall, AGILE, SCRUM etc.
• Expert knowledge of information systems design principles and current/emerging trends in this field is required.
• Extensive knowledge of most prevalent and trusted technical discussion boards, portals and knowledge sharing internet sites for help with technical challenges.
• Knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development is required.
• Strong ability to think logically and structurally and have attention to detail is required.
• Strong Analytical skills and strong Communications skills, both written (with emphasis on technical documentation) and verbal is required.
• Ability to work effortlessly and efficiently in high performing and self-governing teams.
• Ability to work independently on any size project.
Technical Skills Required:
• C# .NET Full Stack Developer
• TSQL/MS SqlServer
• .Net Core
• ASP.NET Web Forms
• ASP.NET MVC
• Custom MVC implementations
• WinForms desktop applications
• Experience in Razor Pages and web forms
Technical Skills Desired (but not required):
• AWS core services (1 year - Desirable)
• DevOps Automation Scripting such as Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.-Fundamental Awareness.
• UML - Fundamental Awareness
• Code Repositories Awareness (Prefer - SVN/Github or CodeCommit)
• Jenkins - Fundamental Awareness
• JIRA – Fundamental Awareness
• Health and human services exposure would be a plus
• Quality management systems experience
Educational Requirements and/or Certifications:
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.